Saturday, February 26, 2011

We actually got to go into the hot springs at Frenchman's Bend

In an earlier blog we posted a lot of pictures of the beautiful drive out to Frenchman's Bend where there are a number of natural hot springs in the river. Although the entrance to the most accessible was still a bit tricky with my injuries, I'd been told it was safe as long as I took it slow. For centuries people who are ill have travelled far and wide for the sometimes miraculous healing power that natural hot springs can bring. Honestly I've always assumed it was the same impact that a good jacuzzi offers. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe there is something to the natural chemicals that soak into your skin that IS uniquely healing. I'll also attest to the fact that sitting amongst the beauty all around us was a real emotional boost. Here's what I also know...we went there on the 8th and I went skiing again on the 10th! (but I am getting ahead of the story! That will be continued in the blogs I update tomorrow)



No comments:

Post a Comment