Sunday, January 23, 2011

Friendship

Something I've come to appreciate over the years is how awesome it is when and old friend with whom you've mostly lost touch with comes back into your life and it doesn't seem that much time has been lost. So it's turning out that reconnecting with Sandy and Dan has been one of those "Godincidence" events that has turned my injury into a good thing. My mobility is such that maneuvering the steps into the motorhome isn't yet possible. Thus, Gary and I have been staying with the Dahls....it's a tough life as you can see from my "hospital" room view!

They've owned a condo here for years and then this summer rented that and out and moved into their new townhouse. And guess what....we moved in too on Thursday night! Gary and I have been made to feel more than welcome and Sandy and I have been catching up on years of events and emotions.  Then to top it off another Delta Delta Delta (Darlene (Engst) Goodwin arrived in town late Friday and we celebrated her birthday yesterday at her condo with a room full of their Sun Valley friends.

I'm feeling enough better today to be on the computer updating this blog while they are all out enjoying the slopes. And since they each promised to make a run for me I too am enjoying a day of vicarious skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment